My techie talks is a blog containing news about different topics like gadgets, internet, smo, seo, ppc, android, mobile phones etc.

Friday, September 25, 2015

How to Move Blogger Blog into a Custom Domain

We all have almost started our blogging career with a free blog, as being working on a free platform helps in learning new things, exploring new concepts, putting our unsure beliefs into live experiment for gaining a factual result, but then a time comes when the passion of blogging turns into a different shade and somehow it becomes our identity in the online world. A period comes when we no more want to continue our passion with a free blogging platform but desire to start it with a custom domain. 

The foremost thing that every BlogSpot blogger would think is how to move my blog into a custom domain without affecting my rankings, traffic and users experience. The same situation I have been facing months ago when I took the decision to have a custom domain. So, via this post I will share my real time experience, as how I move my free BlogSpot domain http://tech-freak-stuff.blogspot.com with my new custom domain i.e. http://www.mytechietalks.com .

Note: Well, this entire procedure is recommended for those who want to use their custom domain with blogger hosting. I am using my custom domain name with hosting provided by blogger, as it’s free of cost which is an advantage and allows me to show myself as an owner of a blog.

Below given are step by step guide to transfer BlogSpot blog with custom domain, I have added the corresponding image with each step to make the learning easier for you.

First of all, you must have a custom domain name registered from any domain registrar. I had my domain booked from Godaddy as I kind of liked the services they offer and their support department is also very active.

So, once you have your domain booked, follow the given below procedure: 

  • Login into your blogger account and navigate toward Settings
  • Now select the third party set up option given below the URL

  • Enter the custom domain name properly

  • After entering the domain name, click on the Save option

  • At this point many of us, almost everyone has faced this give below error


Even I have faced the similar issue, and then I realized that I haven’t done any DNS setting into my hosting a/c.

So prior redirecting your domain, first of all do the following settings in your hosting a/c

  • Login in your domain hosting a/c, click on Manage domain section, Select DNS Zone Option, then select Classic out of the given options


  • Now you need to make changes into Cname Alias, so select www option to begin editing

  • Now you need to replace @ with ghs.google.com


  • Select quick add and enter information provided in blogger section & save it

  • Now edit a host file section, click on quick add

  • Copy all 4 ips provided by Google

  • Add all 4 one by one & save file zone


Your changes have been submitted.

In general, these changes take upto 1 hour to reflect in the account but it can take a time period of 48 hours as well in some cases. These time frames are not constant in every case.

  • Now, you need to go back to your blog section & try to save it again

  • You will see a successful message and your new domain gets configured, now click on edit option

  • Now select “301 Redirection” option

Note: It is very important to select option only that way you can tell Google to consider this as your new domain and pass all link juice, traffic and other benefit to this new domain.


This is the easiest procedure for moving BlogSpot blog into your own custom domain and within few hours you can see your blog running into your own domain.  


Do let us know if you face any trouble or issue while configuring your new domain in the BlogSpot. Leave comment or contact us at admin@mytechietalks.com

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shalini, this is my first visit on your blog and I found this a very helpful and interesting place for bloggers who want to learn something new and tricky.

    I am also writing blog and blogging, CSS, Games, Fashion, Love and several more blogs.

    thanks for sharing this techietips.

    Mohinder Paul Verma
    BloggingFunda - A Community of Bloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Mohinder, I am glad you liked my post. You can follow me or subscribe the newsletter for all future updates

      Delete
  2. Hello shalini

    Very useful information, because very few people know about these aspect of net. Because I am also a blog writer, writing a blogs on life science topics so it is very useful for me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anamika,
      I am glad you found it useful and yes very few people know about the exact settings that are required to get a blogspot blog transferred into own domain. Even I have faced few challenges while doing so, that's why I made this post so that other won't face the same issue.

      Though you can subscribe via mail to know all the future updates.

      Thanks

      Delete